[asdf-devel] How to specify to ASDF to load system from current directory?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 19:18:19 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> Faré wrote:
>> You don't have to rewrite your source-registry.conf for something
>> that's temporary. Maintain your list, and tuck it into the parameter
>> you pass to initialize-source-registry, or push stuff to the
>> central-registry. Re-initializing the source-registry does NOT smash
>> anything about your lisp session; all it does is update where ASDF
>> will find the systems.
>
> Let me make sure I understand the interaction between the different
> search methods.
>
> By default, we search using asdf:*central-registry* and if we fail to
> find the system definition using that, we move on to use the source
> registry that is built using your DSL, correct?
>
> At least that is how I interpret the setting of
> asdf:*system-definition-search-functions* as in my copies of SBCL and ACL.

Correct.

Note that the central-registry is lazy in how it scans the filesystem,
whereas the source-registry is eager. And of course, quicklisp will
customize *system-definition-search-functions* to add its
functionality, and so can you customize things.

Malthusianism: because growth may stop within centuries, we must use
extreme violence to put an end to it now and make everyone poor today.