[asdf-devel] How to specify to ASDF to load system from current directory?

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Nov 7 17:40:33 UTC 2013

Faré wrote:
> You don't have to rewrite your source-registry.conf for something
> that's temporary. Maintain your list, and tuck it into the parameter
> you pass to initialize-source-registry, or push stuff to the
> central-registry. Re-initializing the source-registry does NOT smash
> anything about your lisp session; all it does is update where ASDF
> will find the systems.

Let me make sure I understand the interaction between the different
search methods.

By default, we search using asdf:*central-registry* and if we fail to
find the system definition using that, we move on to use the source
registry that is built using your DSL, correct?

At least that is how I interpret the setting of
asdf:*system-definition-search-functions* as in my copies of SBCL and ACL.

Thanks,