[asdf-devel] Remaining issue with monofasl output - systems with no :components fail

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Wed Mar 20 22:56:07 UTC 2013

Oops, it looks like I didn't re-test the "workaround" case. That is, a
system with some :depends-on but no :components.

Such systems now fail to build either 'asdf:fasl-op or
'asdf:monolithic-fasl-op.

The 'asdf:fasl-op gives the "WTF -- no input files?"

Of course there are no input files -- there are no :components. So maybe
the WTF error is correct behavior in the case of 'asdf:fasl-op. But in case
of 'asdf:monolithic-fasl-op, I think the correct behavior should simply be
to omit the "empty" fasl, which is apparently what it had been doing
previously.

This can be replicated with for example the current master of gendl. It's
allowed for a defsystem to have only :depends-on and no :components, isn't
it?

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper, Genworks Support
david.cooper at genworks.com, dave.genworks.com(skype)
USA: 248-327-3253(o), 1-248-330-2979(mobile)
UK: 0191 645 1699