[asdf-devel] Workaround (was: adsf/bundle:monolithic-fasl sometimes puts dependent system first in list)

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 15:40:24 UTC 2013

Dear Dave,

I fixed in 2.32.13 the bug you found with monolithic-fasl-op.
It was a subtle bug in dependency propagation,
that was ultimately rooted in the incorrect decision of
having the monolithic bundle operations inherit from the non-monolithic ones.
This imposed contradictory constraints on the code,
which prevented it from doing the right thing in all cases,
with the current code kind of working in the common case,
but not quite in other not-so-uncommon cases, as you discovered.

Thanks for your bug report, and my apologies for taking a few days
before I sorted it all out.

As a bonus, 2.32.12 included a few utilities like
delete-empty-directory and delete-directory-tree
that should help you get rid of cl-fad.

A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything.
Jealousy is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity.
        — Robert Heinlein, "Time Enough For Love"