[asdf-devel] Still having problems on upgrade tests

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 23:38:44 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 5:41 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> The upgrade test for ACL from 1.85 fails reliably with this error:
>
> Warning: COMPILE-FILE warned while performing #<compile-op > on
> #<cl-source-file "asdf" "build" "asdf">.
> Warning: COMPILE-FILE failed while performing #<compile-op > on
> #<cl-source-file "asdf" "build" "asdf">.
> TEST ABORTED:
> #P"/Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/build/fasls/acl-8.2m-macosx-x64/asdf/build/asdf.fasl"
> does not exist, cannot load
[...]
> Script failed
> upgrade FAILED for allegromodern from 1.85 using method
> 'load-asdf-lisp'load-asdf-system
>
> Interestingly, when I paste the replication string into bash:
>
> ASDF_UPGRADE_TEST_TAGS="1.85"
> ASDF_UPGRADE_TEST_METHODS="'load-asdf-lisp'load-asdf-system"
> ./test/run-tests.sh -u allegromodern
>
> this works fine.
>
> So this only fails for me when running in the context of make....

Works for me, at least with Allegro 9.0:

make u l=allegro ASDF_UPGRADE_TEST_TAGS=1.85
make u l=allegromodern ASDF_UPGRADE_TEST_TAGS=1.85

I can't try allegro 8.2, because my license has expired, and Franz
only offers one until January 31st 2013, and I don't feel like
cheating on the system date:
http://www.franz.com/products/express/

Is it a case of confusion whereby we changed the way the
implementation identifier is computed, and asdf creates the fasl in
one directory but somehow looks for it in another?

What is the command that makes it fail, already?

The kingly office is entitled to no respect. It was originally procured by the
highwayman's methods; it remains a perpetuated crime, can never be anything but
the symbol of a crime. It is no more entitled to respect than is the flag of
a pirate. — Mark Twain