[asdf-devel] printing the symbol asdf:defsystem for .asd file

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Sun Mar 3 15:32:34 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 8:32 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> >>: Dave Cooper
> >> I have a little utility which emits the .asd files for me, with a form
> like:
> >>
> >>   `(asdf:defsystem ,(something-to-make-my-system-name) :description
> "blah"
> >> … )
> >>
> If you print that form while *package* is bound to something that uses
> ASDF,
> (such as ASDF-USER, on 2.31), then it will omit the prefix.

I don't want it to omit the prefix. I want:

   (asdf:defsystem  ...)

> >> Or should I put some (in-package ...) statement at the top of the .asd
> >> file, and use plain defsystem with no package prefix?
> >
> >: stassats
> > You don't need to have prefixes already, when .asd is loaded ASDF
> > creates a temporary package, which uses ASDF package.
> >
> In ASDF1 and ASDF2, indeed, .asd files are read from
> a temporary package ASDF~D that uses ASDF.
> In ASDF3, we're using a permanent package ASDF-USER instead,
> and usual hygiene rules apply.

Does "usual hygiene rules" mean that I do or do not need any prefix on the
defsystem in

  (defsystem ... )

?

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper, Genworks Support
david.cooper at genworks.com, dave.genworks.com(skype)
USA: 248-327-3253(o), 1-248-330-2979(mobile)
UK: 0191 645 1699