[asdf-devel] Problems with asdf:load-system :force

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 21:39:42 UTC 2013

>> B) your perform methods does a force of swap-bytes/test. Did you try
>> to remove that, and see if the bug still happens? That might help
>> narrow it down. I don't see why you need to force, anyway. (And yes,
>> it looks like a bug.)
>
> When I test stuff I want the entire test suite to be recompiled
> on-the-fly so as to catch macro redefinitions, etc...

This is ASDF3. Dependencies are propagated correctly, unlike with ASDF 1&2.
If you want to catch a macro redefinition, just define a dependency,
as you should.

>>  Actually, it's quite possible that even without
>> that force, this could possibly cause the second load-system to have a
>> confused plan.
>
> This happens when I force-load the test suite from the repl too, not
> only from within the perform method.

Which files do or don't get compiled twice?

> I can't use :in-order-to because it doesn't allow me to specify :force
You shouldn't need force. It's a bug if you do (either in your code or in ASDF).

Be wiser than other people if you can; but do not tell them so. — Chesterfield