[asdf-devel] ASDF 2.27 release candidate

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Wed Jan 2 13:57:57 UTC 2013

Faré <fahree at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear Zach,
>
>>>: Faré
>>> OK, so 2.26.45 is my new release candidate for ASDF 2.27.
>>> Please grab it and test it.
>
>>: Zach Beane
>> It still breaks gbbopen and fset.
>>
>> It still seems to trigger the package-at-variance issue in weblocks and
>> other projects.
>>
> Did you actually update ASDF when you re-ran the tests?
> I can't reproduce the failure with either gbbopen, weblocks,
> or any of the previously-mentioned projects.
>
> With weblocks, compilation does complain about a few undefined
> variables and functions — but not more so than ASDF 2.26 and earlier,
> and whatever tests there are pass for me.
>
> I did have to fix asdf-system-connections to avoid unnecessarily
> recompilations (especially now that ASDF correctly propagates
> dependencies from system to system), but that
>
> Do you have failure logs I can inspect?

I build each of the hundreds of Quicklisp systems in alphabetical
order. Perhaps some state created by that mechanism is triggering the
problem in a way that doesn't happen when building a system in
isolation.

I'll try to create an easy-to-reproduce test case that illustrates the
failures I'm seeing.

Zach