[asdf-devel] Test results on Mac OSX

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Feb 25 00:14:45 UTC 2013

On 2/24/13 Feb 24 -5:16 PM, Faré wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
>> Just pulled from git this afternoon and reran the tests on
>> ccl clisp sbcl ecl abcl allegro allegromodern
>>
>> * ECL 12.12.1 fails tests test-multiple.script test-run-program.script
>>
>> test-multiple:
>>
>> TEST ABORTED: Subprocess run with command "/bin/ln -sf
>> /Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/test/test-multiple.asd
>> /Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/build/test-multiple-too.asd 2>&1" exited with error
>> code 1
>>
>> No backtrace for this.

I believe the problem is that EXT:SYSTEM on ECL runs whatever shell is
the value of SHELL, but your test code is all written for bash, without
checking for it.

I use the T shell.

Probably a good thing that I am testing with this unusual configuration!

I suppose the test code should force SHELL to be bash.  I don't know if
there's a portable way to do this.  ASDF used to invoke /bin/sh, in
RUN-SHELL-COMMAND, IIRC.

>> * ABCL 1.1.0.2 failed test-encodings:
>> TEST ABORTED: These two expressions fail comparison with EQUAL:
>>  (STRING-CHAR-CODES "λ") evaluates to (338 170)
>>  (EXPECTED-CHAR-CODES (QUOTE :UTF-8)) evaluates to (955)
>> Above backtrace due to this condition:
>> These two expressions fail comparison with EQUAL:
>>  (ASDF-TEST::STRING-CHAR-CODES "λ") evaluates to (338 170)
>>  (ASDF-TEST::EXPECTED-CHAR-CODES (QUOTE :UTF-8)) evaluates to (955)
>> Script failed
>>
> Weird. Looks like the UTF-8-encoded characters were read as MacRoman.
> Within which sub-test does that occur? A bit more context above would help.

This is the one that failed:

(with-encoding-test (explicit-u8 :utf-8)
  (def-test-system :test-encoding-explicit-u8
    :components ((:file "lambda" :encoding :utf-8))))

Note that to make this work, I added a dynamic variable that bound
asdf-test::*test-name* and made the assert-compare-helper incorporate
that name in its output.

The dynamic variable was a little yucky, but otherwise I would have had
to push the name (as an optional) through the arglist of all of the
comparison macros....

This might be useful for debugging, but the implementation is super nasty.

>> * Allegro Modern 8.2 failed test-utilities with this error:
>>
>> TEST ABORTED: Package "ASDF/ACTION" not found. [file position = 3334]
>>
>> The problem is the defparameter for  *ok-symbols*, which gives the
>> symbol names in all caps.  I am attaching a patch for this.
>>
> Oops. You know, you have commit rights, and should readily push
> quite uncontroversial patches like this.

I haven't been attending as much as I should, so I wasn't sure how this
interacted with the versioning (didn't seem worth a patch level bump,
but I wasn't certain).