[asdf-devel] Test results on Mac OSX

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 23:16:23 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> Just pulled from git this afternoon and reran the tests on
> ccl clisp sbcl ecl abcl allegro allegromodern
>
> * ECL 12.12.1 fails tests test-multiple.script test-run-program.script
>
> test-multiple:
>
> TEST ABORTED: Subprocess run with command "/bin/ln -sf
> /Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/test/test-multiple.asd
> /Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/build/test-multiple-too.asd 2>&1" exited with error
> code 1
>
> No backtrace for this.
>
> TEST ABORTED: Subprocess run with command "echo ok 1" exited with error
> code 1
>
> For test-run-program I see:
>
> exec: Too few arguments.
> TEST ABORTED: Subprocess run with command "echo ok 1" exited with error
> code 1

OK, these are all instances of problems with run-program.
Is it run-program itself failing, or something wrong
with programs missing from the $PATH ?

Works for me on ECL 12.12.1 on Linux.

> * ABCL 1.1.0.2 failed test-encodings:
> TEST ABORTED: These two expressions fail comparison with EQUAL:
>  (STRING-CHAR-CODES "λ") evaluates to (338 170)
>  (EXPECTED-CHAR-CODES (QUOTE :UTF-8)) evaluates to (955)
> Above backtrace due to this condition:
> These two expressions fail comparison with EQUAL:
>  (ASDF-TEST::STRING-CHAR-CODES "λ") evaluates to (338 170)
>  (ASDF-TEST::EXPECTED-CHAR-CODES (QUOTE :UTF-8)) evaluates to (955)
> Script failed

Weird. Looks like the UTF-8-encoded characters were read as MacRoman.
Within which sub-test does that occur? A bit more context above would help.

> * Allegro Modern 8.2 failed test-utilities with this error:
>
> TEST ABORTED: Package "ASDF/ACTION" not found. [file position = 3334]
>
> The problem is the defparameter for  *ok-symbols*, which gives the
> symbol names in all caps.  I am attaching a patch for this.

Oops. You know, you have commit rights, and should readily push
quite uncontroversial patches like this.

The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really
know about what they imagine they can design.  — F.A. Hayek