[asdf-devel] Failures due to deferred warnings

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Feb 21 19:06:59 UTC 2013

If the WITH-COMPILATION-UNIT is around only single files, instead of
around the entire system load, then aren't we making a transition from:

OLD: Functions (and variables, etc. -- I will confine the discussion to
functions for brevity) may be defined in arbitrary orders in a system

NEW: Forward reference to functions in the same system is forbidden,
because it will cause undefined function warnings, which will break the
build.

Do I understand correctly?  If so, at least on ACL, the change will be
very hard on the existing code base.

Or are we going to re-check the warnings at the end of the process and
ignore warnings for seemed-to-be-undefined-functions-that-are-now-defined?

Thanks,