[asdf-devel] testing ASDF with cl-test-grid
avodonosov at yandex.ru
Wed Feb 20 16:28:19 UTC 2013
I have yestereday run tests for 2.29.5: http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-test-grid/asdf/asdf-diff-12.html
The logs contains backraces now, but I didn't noticed that I print backraces from handler-case,
so this time the backtraces show unwound stack, without usefull information. Fixed in cl-test-grid,
so in the future the backtraces will be printed from handler-bind.
We have reviewed the SBCL results. Faré found that cl-prolog and deoxybyte problems are also
So the table entry for SBCL are explained as:
- unicly: not a regressions, but an effect of using (ql:quickload .. :verbose t)
- mime4cl: not a regression, bad defconstant, fails/succeeds depending on how many times it is rebuild
- f2cl (lapack CRASH): old known issue with SBCL - runs out of heap
Others are upstream errors in corresponding libraries:
- deoxybytes-*: upstream errors (due to old operation-done-p method defined in deoxybyte to workaround some ASDF1 issue)
- cl-prolog: upstream errors (due to old operation-done-p method defined in deoxybyte to workaround some ASDF1 issue)
- buildapp: needs to be updated for ASDF3 (specialization of previous unexported traverse function without &key)
- cl-sam: has a version dependenceny on cffi 0.10.3, but latest cffi doesn't sport a version number
- jenkins.api: has version requirements on all dependencies, but iterate doesn't have a version to compare to 1.4.4
- jwacs: bad :version vs less forgiving asdf
- meta-sexp: bad :version vs less forgiving asdf
- metacopy-with-contextl: the .asd file has an ugly output-files :around method that expects only one output file when there are now several.
- netkthuth: bad :version vs less forgiving asdf
- qbook: sent patch upstream some time ago, no answer.
- weblocks: they are missing some dependencies in their .asd files. I sent them a patch, I think they applied it in the end, but not sure.
- xcvb-bridge: fixed upstream already.
What does these tests resutls mean?
That of 1083 ASDF system I was able to ql:quickoad on my linux system with SBCL 1.1.1 and quicklisp 2013-01-28,
I can ql:quickoad all of them except for the described above upstream errors on quicklisp 2013-01-28 + ASDF 2.29.5
with patched asdf-system-connections and (setf asdf:*warnings-file-type* nil) - this disables new ASDF3 deferred warnings
So, as for SBCL the tests reveal no work to be done in ASDF itself; authors of some libraries need to apply suggested fixes.
I suggest that we review CCL results, and then run the tests on other lisp implementations.
Additionally we will run tests with deffered warnings enabled to see what systems are affected.
And also with utf8 as the default encoding, for the same reason.
More information about the asdf-devel