[asdf-devel] maybe hot-upgrade of ASDF is not needed anymore

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Thu Feb 7 22:16:11 UTC 2013

08.02.2013, 02:12, "Robert Goldman" <rpgoldman at sift.info>:

> If I do a (require <FOO>) for <FOO> some internally supplied library of
> SBCL, doesn't that trigger the use of ASDF to load <FOO>?

It does. For example, (require :sb-bsd-sockets) also loads ASDF.

But If if I load my ASDF before doing (require :sb-bsd-sockets)
then my ASDF is used.

The question: is this situation mean that ASDF must be hot-upgradable?
IMHO not, because there is enough freedom for user to load his ASDF
in the beginning.