[asdf-devel] component-property

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 04:12:26 UTC 2013

Dear Red,

as a follow up to my previous email, I eventually added in 2.26.174
the following initargs to defclass system, with system-FOO accessors.

  :long-name "Another System Definition Facility"
  :website-url "http://common-lisp.net/projects/asdf/"
  :bug-tracker-url "https://launchpad.net/asdf/"
  :developers-email "asdf-devel at common-lisp.net"
  :source-control (:git "git://common-lisp.net/projects/asdf/asdf.git")

The down side is that until ASDF2 is end-of-lifed, you'll have to
#+asdf3 all these things either individually or together
via e.g. (eval `(defsystem ... #+asdf3 ,@'(...) ...),
(defsystem ... . #.(or #+asdf3 '(...)) or some other such ugliness.

The upside is that with this standardization, odds are higher that
this metadata can be used to automate processing of some sort across systems.

If there are more slots that you need, now is a good time to suggest them.

What a lot of trouble to prove in political economy that two and two make four;
and if you succeed in doing so, people cry, 'It is so clear that it is boring.'
Then they vote as if you had never proved anything at all.
        — Frederic Bastiat, "What Is Seen and What is Not Seen", 1850