[asdf-devel] Re: Patch to run-tests.sh for additional Allegro variants

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Dec 10 13:46:03 UTC 2013

[If you don't test on Allegro, you don't need to read this.]

Allegro is distributed as a single directory with executables for the
different modes.  If you were to have 64-bit and 32-bit you buy
different licenses, and get two different directory trees.  Similarly,
you get an SMP directory tree and a conventional directory tree.

Within one of these trees you *always* get an ANSI lisp, a "modern"
lisp, and 8-bit variants of ANSI and modern.  *And* their names are
predictable, given the directory name.

So I suggest we change the way the run-tests.sh script is written to
reflect this.  As I was going to change my test configuration to reflect
the fact that I have a 64-bit install instead of a 32-bit one, it looked
like I would have to specify 8 new names.  But really, what I *want* is
to give *two* directories, and use the default names.

I will provide a revision to run-tests.sh that will allow the user to
provide directory names, and that will use the standard Franz names
within those directories as defaults, instead of non-standard things
like "alisp8_64_s".

I wanted to push out a warning since this will break existing
configurations, but I think it's worth it.

best,