[asdf-devel] Releasing asdf 3.1.1 ?

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 22:46:52 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM, Dave Cooper <david.cooper at genworks.com> wrote:

> Finished clisp on Linux, still the one failure for pathname, here is the
> -test.text and -pathnames.text:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jc2cqwpkp06dupm/Jmq7a3BhtZ/asdf-failures/3.1.0.26
>
> Windows tests still running, results will be copied into windows/ folder at
> above location.

It's working for me on a native Linux setup, and I'm way too tired to
try and find out what's going on there, probably related to your weird
virtual machine and filesystem mounts.

Are you somehow running the test in parallel on two implementations at
once sharing the filesystem? That could explain the failures, though
not why it happens exactly for half the file tests. I don't see any
obvious pattern in the failures, but I admit I never understood this
test that well. All files seem to be affected.

Maybe, when there are more than a handful failures, we should print
successful tests as well as failing tests, so patterns are more
obvious to see? I'm also too tired to implement that at this point.

I'm a polyatheist — there are many gods I don't believe in. — Dan Fouts