[asdf-devel] Various issues

Stelian Ionescu sionescu at cddr.org
Thu May 24 09:54:29 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-05-24 at 11:13 +0200, Tobias C Rittweiler wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Thanks to the ASDF maintainers. I just visited ASDF's website
> on common-lisp.net since a long time, and it makes a nicely
> maintained impression! Well done.
>
> I have the following issues:
>
>   * The rather old ASDF version that I'm using ("2.010") does
>     not seem to be able to cope with multiple :depends-on clauses.
>     (Only one clause seems to be used.)
>
>     Is this intended behaviour?

More or less, since a module's properties is parsed using
destructuring-bind, which has undefined consequences in case of
duplicate keywords

>  Might it be fixed in more recent versions?

No

>   * :STATIC-FILE (and :FILE for that matter) are not discussed
>     or explained in the manual.

Static files are simply ignored. Usually used for "assets": images, css
files, etc...

:file is an alias for the current DEFSYSTEM's :default-component-class,
which if absent defaults to asdf:cl-source-file.
Example of non-standard default class:
https://github.com/sionescu/iolib/blob/master/src/iolib.os.asd

>   * We generate a 'version.lisp' with a (DEFPARAMETER ...) form
>     in it when using "make" to build a Lisp binary using buildapp.
>
>     Is there a component that loads a file if it exists and
>     if it does not exist just skips the clause?

Maybe :if-component-dep-fails could be used to that purpose, or
madeira-port

--
Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix
http://common-lisp.net/project/iolib