[asdf-devel] Various issues

Tobias C Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Thu May 24 09:13:35 UTC 2012

Hi there!

Thanks to the ASDF maintainers. I just visited ASDF's website
on common-lisp.net since a long time, and it makes a nicely
maintained impression! Well done.

I have the following issues:

  * The rather old ASDF version that I'm using ("2.010") does
    not seem to be able to cope with multiple :depends-on clauses.
    (Only one clause seems to be used.)

    Is this intended behaviour? Might it be fixed in more recent
    versions?

  * :STATIC-FILE (and :FILE for that matter) are not discussed
    or explained in the manual.

  * We generate a 'version.lisp' with a (DEFPARAMETER ...) form
    in it when using "make" to build a Lisp binary using buildapp.

    Is there a component that loads a file if it exists and
    if it does not exist just skips the clause?

Thanks,