[asdf-devel] lisp source debugger

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat May 12 22:14:25 UTC 2012

On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Yuan Luo <yuan.hypnos.luo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> This maybe an irrelevant question, if so, please point me to the best list
> to ask. But I am wondering whether you guys can recommend some source level
> debugger that can POINT ME PRECISELY to where the error was. For example,
> Allegro CL cannot because many times it tells me that there is an error in a
> function, but it doesn't tell me which line even if I set their debug flag
> to 3 the highest level and suppressed everything else, speed, optimization
> etc. (my function has hundreds of lines then I am frustrated ...)

Which implementation are you using?
SLIME on SBCL can give you source location,
even inside internal functions (from labels or flet or lambda).
Be sure to compile with (safety 3) (debug 3) (speed 1) or so.

That said, this is not the most appropriate forum for this question.
After you try the above, ask for help on #lisp, stackoverflow,
comp.lang.lisp, etc.

Gilb's Law: Anything you need to quantify can be measured in some way
that is superior to not measuring at all.