[asdf-devel] opinion on asdf-encodings: OK (was: asfd:implementation-identifier is public on SBCL but private in CLISP)

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Sun Jun 3 14:09:57 UTC 2012

03.06.2012, 17:22, "Faré" <fahree at gmail.com>:

> PS: You originally started the fuss that led to asdf-encodings.
> What do you think of the result?

Did I? It wasn't me I think.

Anyway, I've just read the chapter 10.2 "Controlling source file character encoding"
in the ASDF manual. It looks right to me: encodings other than :utf-8 or default
are in separate extension, extension hooks are provided.

I support making :utf-8 the default for .asd and lisp files.

One thing is not clear from that chapter: is it possible to specify encoding
in defsystem and have subcomponents inherit it.

Best regards,
- Anton