[asdf-devel] ASDF 2.23 ported to MKCL.

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 18:48:16 UTC 2012

Dear Jean-Claude,

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Jean-Claude Beaudoin
<jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello ASDF maintainers,
>
> I have done a port of ASDF 2.23 to MKCL that will
> be included in the next MKCL 1.1.0 release candidate.

I tried to merge MKCL support into ASDF 2.23.3.
Let me know how it is working for you.

Notes:
* Is your :unspecific support improved from ECL?
 If not, it is incorrect to use it in MKCL,
 pathnames that use it have no namestring.
* I did NOT merge your asdf-mkcl into asdf.
 As this point, I am keeping asdf-ecl for backwards compatibility only;
 please instead send a patch to asdf-bundle
 (also, that part of your code could be improved).
* Why is ANSI incompatibility wrt class redefinition your default?
 Compatibility should be the default setting. Please change that.
* Why doesn't default-directory work on MKCL?
* You have several obvious typoes.
 Can you send a patch that allows the asdf test suite to run with MKCL,
 and can you run said test suite?

Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live
at the expense of everybody else. — F. Bastiat, "Government".