[asdf-devel] ECL tests failing on Mac OS X Lion [Re: asdf 2.23 released]

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 19:31:12 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 5:01 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you do not mind, I would like to produce a release of ECL with the old
> version of ASDF and ASDF-ECL. I need time to do what you mention, which
> should be done anyway at some point, but for that I would like to have some
> stable version of ECL out before the summer ends :-)

Oh, I don't mind that much: the whole design of ASDF 2 is that it will
work even if implementors don't update it.

However, I don't quite see what you're afraid of with respect to
upgrading ASDF to the latest (currently 2.23) from what you have
(currently 2.017.5). There have been several fixes specifically made
for ECL, and we still have asdf-ecl (and will keep it until you're
satisfied that asdf-bundle successfully replaces it). Not to speak
about the many features and enhancements that ASDF has received in the
last year. I run our regression test suite with ECL all the time and
before every release and it's passing with flying colors. The test
suite does not however include any test relative to asdf-ecl at this
point, but I'm welcoming formal or informal test cases.

A Libertarian Constitutional Amendment: Congress shall make no law.