[asdf-devel] system reloading behavior

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Jan 10 14:42:20 UTC 2012

On 1/10/12 Jan 10 -2:24 AM, Yuan Luo wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to asdf so this might be trivial. When I change a source file
> and reload the system using (asdf:load-system ...), the compiler
> re-compiles and re-loads all others source files in that system from
> scratch, rather than incrementally. Is there some switch to toggle this
> behavior?

It should re-compile and re-load only those files that are AFTER the
source file that you have modified.  If, e.g., the source file you
modified is at the head of a list of components that are collected by
:serial t, then this behavior is expected.

If you can find a case where a file that is UPSTREAM from the modified
file is also recompiled, then you have found a bug.  If so, please
report it, list the set of steps (which file modified, in particular),
and exhibit the .asd file, so that we can replicate the problem.

thanks,