[asdf-devel] suggestion for aserve.asd

Faré fare at tunes.org
Thu Dec 20 02:04:42 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> You don't need acl-file any more.
>
> You can now use cl-source-file.cl, which is exported from ASDF.
>
> You can make legacy-acl-source-file inherit from cl-source-file.cl and
> cut the ACL-FILE class entirely.  That will take care of using the .cl
> extension instead of .lisp.

Actually, an acl-file is still required, because there's a method on perform.
On the other hand, that method needs to be changed
to play well with asdf-output-translations,
and could simply be an :around method to
    (handler-bind (((or style-warning warning) #'muffle-warning))
(call-next-method))
or something (untested).

"Exploitation is a word often used but rarely defined. In its most literal
meaning — I 'exploit' you if I in some way benefit from your existence —
it is the reason human society exists. We all benefit from one another's
existence. We all exploit each other." — D. Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom