[asdf-devel] What are current plans for RMCL?

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Apr 11 15:48:17 UTC 2012

On 4/11/12 Apr 11 -8:02 AM, Pascal Costanza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get an idea what the current plans for RMCL are, if any. Since the
> switch to OS X 10.7, there is no default support for old PowerPC applications
> on OS X anymore, so RMCL doesn't work anymore, at least not without a major
> effort. Are there any plans to find a remedy for this situation? Or will RMCL
> effectively become deprecated?

I'm sorry --- will you please clarify?  How would ASDF help the process
of finding support for RMCL on OS X Lion?

If RMCL is going to die of old age, I would certainly not mind killing
support for it, but I don't see how the ASDF maintainers can determine
whether RMCL will die out.  That seems down to some combination of
Apple, RMCL maintainers, if any, and RMCL users.  Seems like it's more
for you to tell us whether this support can be dropped or not.

Thanks for any information.

Best,
Robert