[asdf-devel] the same (asdf::implementation-identifier) for byte-compiler and lisp-to-C-compiler of ECL

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Sun Apr 1 18:35:33 UTC 2012

01.04.2012, 22:19, "Faré" <fahree at gmail.com>:
>>  15.01.2012, 22:46, "Faré" <fahree at gmail.com>:
>>>  I'm a bit surprised that LOCALAPPDATA includes Roaming\ instead of
>>>  Local\ but then again I don't understand Windows paths very well.
>
> On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 13:46, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru> wrote:
>
>>  If you are intrested, I just noticed: CLISP uses Roaming, while SBCL and CCL use Local.
>>  (noticed with the ASDF version from the recent Quicklisp)
>
> Wow. Is that on the *same* machine?
> Because on all implementations but LispWorks,
> it's taken from the LOCALAPPDATA environment variable,
> and that shouldn't vary from one program to the other.

Yes, same machine.

I suppose you mean APPDATA variable, because it is mentioned in asdf.lisp,
but LOCALAPPDATA isn't. Anyway, the enviroment variable value is equal
in all the 3 lisps
---------------------------
clisp:
[1]> (asdf:getenv "APPDATA")
"C:\\Users\\anton\\AppData\\Roaming"
[2]> (asdf::implementation-identifier)
"clisp-2.49-win"

------------------
Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.7-r14925M  (WindowsX8664)!
? (asdf:getenv "APPDATA")
"C:\\Users\\anton\\AppData\\Roaming"
? (asdf::implementation-identifier)
"ccl-1.7-f95-win-x64"

This is SBCL 1.0.54.84.mswinmt.1137-215bdc8, an implementation of ...
* (asdf:getenv "APPDATA")

"C:\\Users\\anton\\AppData\\Roaming"
* (asdf::implementation-identifier)

"sbcl-1.0.54.84.mswinmt.1137-215bdc8-win-x64"