[asdf-devel] ECL patches

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 18 21:00:58 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 3:39 AM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:

> On 9/17/11 Sep 17 -1:47 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info
> > <mailto:rpgoldman at sift.info>> wrote:
> >     ecl-bytecomp : first compile and load asdf, then call
> >     INSTALL-BYTECODES-COMPILER, then run the tests.
> >
> >     ecl : first (require :CMP), then compile and load asdf, then run
> tests.
> >
> >     Question:  does this recipe FORCE us to have the right compiler for
> the
> >     tests?
> >
> > I do not fully understand the last question. What is "the right
> > compiler". There are simply two, which may be used interchangably
> > without problems -- otherwise to be reported as an error.
>
> What I want to do is to be able to set up two versions of the ASDF test
> cases for ECL, one for ECL with the byte-compiler and one with it's
> normal compiler.

Yes, the protocol above would achieve that. The only thing is that the
bytecodes compiler is not always present in ECL (someone may choose to
deactivate it) and it is only a recent development, not available in the
latest stable release -- I should make one soon.

A way to check for it is to see whether INSTALL-BYTECODES-COMPILER is
fboundp.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC