[asdf-devel] compile--with-nicknames

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 14:41:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 10:22, Сергей Катревич <linkfly1 at newmail.ru> wrote:
> :around-compile - wonderful solve of problem! Can add the :around-load for similar purpose? This it seems logical.

Thanks for the appreciation!

I think :around-load is a bad idea, for reasons that Juanjo and I
mentioned previously in this discussion: it doesn't play well with the
link model used by ECL, XCVB, FASL-concatenators, etc. The whole idea
of a FASL is that it is fully formed and easy to load in a simple way;
if wrapping is required around the load, then something wrong is
happening.

Is there any particular effect you think would be useful at load time
that wouldn't be better done at compile-time?

On the other hand, I now realize that load-source-op should probably
heed the around-compile hook.

To authorize all commercial relations between consenting adults.