[asdf-devel] Please fix ASDF:SUBPATHNAME

Douglas Crosher dtc-asdf at scieneer.com
Mon Nov 21 11:34:00 UTC 2011

Hi Des,

I suggest leaving 'subpathname as it is and correcting the directory to include the slash.  Is there any reason this would not work?

The function 'ensure-directory-pathname looks like are real hack, appending a file-namestring onto a directory list passed to
'make-pathname.  Namestrings are designed for parsing to pathnames, and are not intended to be used like this - this will break in
subtle ways, such a namestrings with escaped characters, and there is the potential for character case issues.

Perhaps 'ensure-directory-pathname should just signal an error if the pathname includes a name, type or version.

Regards
Douglas Crosher