[asdf-devel] ASDF 2.014 released

Sam Steingold sds at gnu.org
Wed Mar 30 17:45:15 UTC 2011

> * Faré <snuerr at tznvy.pbz> [2011-03-30 17:31:44 +0000]:
>
>>> Because my release process (or lack thereof) sucks.
>>
>> a `release' target in the developer makefile helps.
>>
> It would. Too many manual steps right now, including doing things on
> several machines to check implementations that won't run under Linux
> amd64. Or I could have chroot's and/or emulators. Sigh.  We'll see.

testing has to be manual, but releasing does not have to be.
(and can include many different consistency checks)...

>>> Fixed for now.
>>
>> nope.
>>
>> $ grep 013 modules/asdf/asdf.lisp
>> (ASDF:VERSION-SATISFIES (ASDF:ASDF-VERSION) \"2.013\")."
>> $ grep 014 modules/asdf/asdf.lisp
>> ;;; This is ASDF 2.014: Another System Definition Facility.
>>         (asdf-version "2.014")
>>  ;; Will be removed in a future release, e.g. 2.014.
>> $
>>
>> 1. why can I see 013 there?
> That's an example in a docstring.
> It's immaterial which version is shown there.

immaterial, but confusing.
IMO, it should either be the current version or something clearly
abstract, e.g., "0.1234567".

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on CentOS release 5.5 (Final) X
http://dhimmi.com http://pmw.org.il http://honestreporting.com