[asdf-devel] ASDF 2.014 released

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:31:44 UTC 2011

>> Because my release process (or lack thereof) sucks.
>
> a `release' target in the developer makefile helps.

It would. Too many manual steps right now, including doing
things on several machines to check implementations that won't run
under Linux amd64. Or I could have chroot's and/or emulators. Sigh.
We'll see.

>> Fixed for now.
>
> nope.
>
> $ grep 013 modules/asdf/asdf.lisp
> (ASDF:VERSION-SATISFIES (ASDF:ASDF-VERSION) \"2.013\")."
> $ grep 014 modules/asdf/asdf.lisp
> ;;; This is ASDF 2.014: Another System Definition Facility.
>         (asdf-version "2.014")
>  ;; Will be removed in a future release, e.g. 2.014.
> $
>
> 1. why can I see 013 there?
That's an example in a docstring.
It's immaterial which version is shown there.

> 2. why wasn't whatever was it to be removed, removed?

Because 2.014 was an emergency release the week afterwards,
rather than something that leaves time for developers to update their behavior.
I notably need to talk to Attila regarding hu.dwim.asdf.
Plan: in 2.015, there will be a warning. In 2.016, it will removed.
Note: it was an unexported internal function.

Thanks for caring,

When my time on earth is completed, I want to go quietly in my sleep,
like my grandfather ... not screaming in terror, like his passengers.