[asdf-devel] CONSTANTLY in HANDLER-BIND

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 23:08:41 UTC 2011

Dear Sam,

> MODULE-PROVIDE-ASDF used CONSTANTLY in HANDLER-BIND to define a handler.
> IIUC, this merely delegates error handling further, so it is more or
> less dead code.
> Is this intentional?

If I understand this piece of code correctly, this handler-bind entry
is there because a MISSING-COMPONENT is an error, yet one you want to
exclude from the handling by the next handler, for error, below.
I suppose an alternative solution would have been to put a
(unless (typep e 'missing-component) ...) around the body of the next handler.

Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.
	— Serbian proverb