[asdf-devel] About asdf:*compile-file-failure-behaviour* and its value on SBCL

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 00:54:06 UTC 2011

Hi, Fare

Thanks you for your explanation ... it seems that you're suggesting a general WARN condition should never been signaled on compile-time.

Most of the compile-time warnings in my program comes from cl-yacc [1], because I'm trying to do LALR parsing for a very ambiguous language called ASN.1 [1], there're 28 Shift/Reduce, and 1 Reduce/Reduce conflicts in my LALR grammar rules and it produce correct result.  Fortunately I used a modified version of cl-yacc and directly include it as vendor code (and changed its package), so I can change all these warnings into style-warnings, to make SBCL happy.

There's another compile-time warning in my CLOS related code, something like this:

(defclass a-class ()
  ((slot :type 'a-subclass)))

(defclass a-subclass (a-class)
  ())

When compiling the first class definition, SBCL warn that the type A-SUBCLASS haven't been defined (this is true, but I defined it immediately in next form).  I think, to make SBCL happy, again, I have to reorder above two definitions, putting the definition of A-SUBCLASS before A-CLASS, and CLOS does support this, using a MOP feature called FORWARDED-REFERENCE-CLASS.

I still don't think these coding styles are wrong according ANSI Common Lisp standards, but if ASDF insist to do so, I have to modify my code.

Regards,

Chun Tian (binghe)

[1] http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/cl-yacc/

在 2011-3-20,07:53, Faré 写道: