[asdf-devel] ASDF with RMCL?

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Jan 20 16:39:38 UTC 2011

On 1/20/11 Jan 20 -7:32 AM, Pascal Costanza wrote:

> On 20 Jan 2011, at 14:26, Faré wrote:
>
>> On 20 January 2011 06:49, Pascal Costanza <pc at p-cos.net> wrote:
>>> It seems that ASDF 2.x doesn't work with RMCL (ASDF 1.x did). Is that a known issue?
>>>
>> What is RMCL? Digitool's MCL? It might very well have bitrotten,
>> since I don't think anyone has tried it since we started working on ASDF 2.
>> I certainly don't have access to a machine capable of running it.
>
> RMCL is being maintained, is available from http://code.google.com/p/mcl/ and runs on current Mac OS X versions. (This is just for information, not a hidden attempt to convince anyone to do the work to make ASDF 2 support it.)
>
>> Look for places with #+clozure, and test the functions individually,
>> making sure you have proper code with #+digitool. Also, some places
>> may incorrectly be using #+ccl where #+clozure is meant, and even
>> where it works, it is probably better to use #+(or clozure digitool).
>>
>> I would be particularly wary of functions created in recent refactorings,
>> such as SUBDIRECTORIES.
>>
>> If you get it to work, please provide a patch, which I will apply.
>> Also, it is nice if you can run the test suite.
>
> I'll see what I can do, but cannot promise anything for the short run.
>
> Thanks for the quick response!
>

> Pascal

I just grabbed this, dropped it onto my Mac, and I can't even get it to
agree to load .lisp files.  PROBE-FILE fails to find files that palpably
exist, and when I bring up the load menu, RMCL refuses to open .lisp files.

Does this expect to work with some antiquated Mac file system or
something?  Can't find any documentation.

Time permitting, I might be willing to see about getting ASDF patched
for this, but need at least a pointer to how to run this beast.

Cheers,