[asdf-devel] Minor simplification

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 16:18:46 UTC 2011

On 5 February 2011 11:13, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fare, could you please go back to the other method I posted. This one does
> not allow one to *CHANGE* the way COMPILE-FILE* behaves.

Do you need to change it dynamically? Why not just have a static #+ecl
or something?
I don't understand the use case.

> I profoundly dislike generic functions API precisely for this reason. There
> is a base function, someone adds an around method and what about the next
> around? How do you remove the previous one?

Since all this is ECL-specific (so far), I suppose you could use
ADVISE, or whatever ECL-specific hooking mechanism exists, or
delete-method calls.

Every technique is first developed, then used, important, obsolete,
normalized, and finally understood.