[asdf-devel] flatten-source-registry bugfix

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 15:09:39 UTC 2011

> Great.  BTW, what are you using as your platform now, Faré?  I am using
> Mac OS X.  I just wonder if my tests there are redundant to yours....
> If you are using the Mac, too, I will see if I can get access to a
> non-ancient Linux install.

For Lisp hacking, I usually use Linux x64, running tests on the
implementations listed in the Makefile:
ccl clisp sbcl ecl cmucl abcl scl allegro

Once before release, I try to run on each of
xcl cormancl genera rmcl lispworks
but I admit I sometimes fail to do it, with breakage as a result,
especially since that involves finding Windows and/or MacOSX machines,
or starting an emulator; in any case, using a foreign environment.
ASDF is broken on gcl, but gcl itself is broken and unmaintained
(the recent version with a fix for ASDF won't compile on my machine).

Lately, I've been using a Mac at work, so I sometimes run tests on it for
ccl sbcl clisp
and once in a while
rmcl

We are always in anarchy. But we pay a hefty price maintaining the illusion
that we aren't, and another one being misled by the illusion.