[asdf-devel] 2.014.8

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Tue Apr 26 16:36:35 UTC 2011

Faré <fahree at gmail.com> writes:

> PPS: I just made asdf more verbose in verbose mode. However, verbose
> mode is the default, so this may or may not be annoying. Please tell
> me.

Now that I've seen it, I do find it both annoying and confusing.

Before:

  * (require 'sb-rotate-byte)
  ("SB-ROTATE-BYTE" "ASDF")

After:

  * (require 'sb-rotate-byte)

  ("SB-ROTATE-BYTE")

More than one project has something like this in the .asd:

  #+sbcl
  (require 'some-sbcl-thing)

There isn't a good way to intercede to make these non-verbose, is there?

I would prefer to see nothing at all in that circumstance, except the
return value.

Also, the display of the object as a "CL-SOURCE-FILE" is confusing. It's
actually loading the FASL. (I know why it prints the way it does, but
it's still confusing.)

Zach