[asdf-devel] Some points raised

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Fri Sep 24 14:33:33 UTC 2010

On 9/24/10 Sep 24 -9:26 AM, Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
> Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info>
> writes:
>
>> On 9/24/10 Sep 24 -9:07 AM, Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
>>> Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info>

>>> I'm using gmane, and the overhead to subscribe is really minimal: just
>>> reply to a message gmane sends back the first time you post...
>>
>> So should we just set up an asdf-help mailing list?
>
> For me it would be an easy and good enough solution, yes.

What's the protocol for potential help providers?  How do we scan an
asdf-help group of this type without (1) further clogging our inboxes;
(2) having to explicitly visit a web site?

Is there, e.g., an RSS-based solution so that we might, for example,
glance over recent requests for help while scanning our blog
subscriptions in Google Reader?

best,