[asdf-devel] :logical-hostname

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 29 21:00:44 UTC 2010

One of the common problems that ASDF users faced when introducing the new
binary location system is finding out where things reside.

Another problem we will eventually find is locating the resources associated
to an ASDF system which has been replaced by a precompiled version.

In general it would be desirable for a system to be able to locate its
resources (additional files, icons, bitmaps, etc) using logical pathnames.

For that purpose I have coded a small patch that adds a new keyword,
:logical-host, to DEFSYSTEM. The keyword defines a logical pathname
translation from "**;*.*.*" to "path/to/asdf/or/pathname/argument/**/*.*"

This way we may have

(defsystem :cl-unicode
  :logical-host "cl-unicode"
  ...)

and in the sources load the databases such as
"cl-unicode:uppercase-table.dat"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/551222

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC