[asdf-devel] something in recent commit causes ACL testing to go into an infinite loop

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 00:13:42 UTC 2010

> Quick follow-up:  I encountered the bug again when testing with 8.2
> allegromodern
>
> This suggests there may be > 1 bug here.  One bug being the fact that
> the RESTART throws us into an infinite loop.

That's a bug. I don't know anything about it, though.
It may have already existed, or I may have broken something when
moving the restarts to their own function.

> The second is that the output-locations are not functioning properly.

They work properly. They are just not configured the way you'd like.

During testing, I recently changed the compile script from
"always compile asdf.lisp" to "only compile it if it hasn't changed",
with the output in asdf-*implementation*.lisp, to speed up testing
at a time I was doing lots of it.

Since the asdf fasl name only included the implementation name,
I decided that it didn't make sense to add more distinctions
to the other fasl names, and configured the output-translations accordingly.

To make tests from clean, you can rm -rf asdf/tmp/

Anarchism is founded on the observation that since few men are wise enough
to rule themselves, even fewer are wise enough to rule others. — Edward Abbey