[asdf-devel] Enforcing pure *.asd files

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Mar 22 03:25:17 UTC 2010

On 3/21/10 Mar 21 -9:16 PM, Daniel Herring wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2010, Robert Goldman wrote:
>> On 3/21/10 Mar 21 -11:55 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
>>> - Add a field :asdf-support to list dependencies for the system itself.
>>> - Add a feature by which component types are registered with ASDF so
>>> that they can be named using keywords
>>
>> Are you sure you can't do this already?  I'm looking at class-for-type,
>> and it tries to look up the symbol-name of the component class name in
>> the keyword package.
>
> If that's the case, then its a well-kept secret that needs advertising.
> Either way, it would still be good to add the ":asdf-support" list telling
> asdf which packages to load for each extension.

Done.  I forget how I knew that you could do this....  Anyway, I have
just documented this in "the defsystem grammar."  It would probably be a
good idea to have an example of this in one of the defsystem examples,
if anyone can supply one.

Alternatively, if no one feels like supplying one, I'm not in good
internet reach right now; feel free to request such an example by
posting a launchpad ticket and I'll try to get one done.

Good night, all!