[asdf-devel] Enforcing pure *.asd files

Daniel Herring dherring at tentpost.com
Mon Mar 22 02:16:06 UTC 2010

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010, Robert Goldman wrote:
> On 3/21/10 Mar 21 -11:55 AM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
>> - Add a field :asdf-support to list dependencies for the system itself.
>> - Add a feature by which component types are registered with ASDF so
>> that they can be named using keywords
>
> Are you sure you can't do this already?  I'm looking at class-for-type,
> and it tries to look up the symbol-name of the component class name in
> the keyword package.

If that's the case, then its a well-kept secret that needs advertising.
Either way, it would still be good to add the ":asdf-support" list telling
asdf which packages to load for each extension.

Maybe a clause at the top of the file like
(asdf:extensions
   (defsystem-connection asdf-system-connections)
   (other-extension other-package))

I don't think this needs to be put in the system.

Later,
Daniel