[asdf-devel] Enforcing pure *.asd files

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 23:08:41 UTC 2010

On 18 March 2010 18:37, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:28 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> In other words, I think that supporting ASDF is important, but
>> ultimately an evolutionary dead-end.
>
> That is hard to read from the project leaders. I feel rather neutral about
> this and please do not feel offended by the following sentence, but if this
> is going to be the official position of the project then it should be better
> advertised, including perhaps the manual, usual c.l.l forums and maybe the
> ASDF prompt itself.

No, this is not an official position as an "ASDF project leader".
Moreover, I do intend to resign from active ASDF development after
ASDF 2 is released, and focus my CL build hacking activity wholly on
XCVB.

Inasmuch as there is an "official position" of "ASDF project leaders"
as such, it is that ASDF will be the best ASDF it can be, and that
XCVB is not on the radar. (Unofficially, we tailored our
source-registry API so it may be directly reused by XCVB.)

If it doesn't work right, we can always try something else.  — John McCarthy