[asdf-devel] ECL testing issue

james anderson james.anderson at setf.de
Wed Mar 17 16:10:13 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-17, at 15:58 , james anderson wrote:

> On 2010-03-17, at 15:05 , Faré wrote:
>
>> http://ec2-174-129-63-37.compute-1.amazonaws.com/test/log/
>> 20100316T233422/ecl-output.txt
>>
>> On 17 March 2010 10:01, james anderson <james.anderson at setf.de>
>> wrote:
>>> what might the error in the cited transcript indicate as the cause
>>> for the problem with ecl? here is one entry:
>>>
>>> Testing: asdf-pathname-test.script
>>> An error occurred during initialization:
>>> LOAD: Could not load file #P"/ebs/test/asdf/tmp/asdf-
>>> ecl.fas" (Error:
>>> "/ebs/test/asdf/tmp/asdf-ecl.fas: invalid ELF header").
>>> Using ecl , asdf-pathname-test.script failed
>>>
>> I think one ominous thing in the transcript is:
>> Reusing previously-compiled ASDF
>>
>> Try cleaning your tmp/ directory and see if it works any better.
>
> i tried that. i just tried to go through one test in an ecl repl and
> observe that it fails to compile everything due to missing .h  files.
> so, there's something more-or-less essentially broken in my ecl build.

turns out to have been not the build itself, but the libraries upon
which it depends.
i had neglected to include them in the snapshot which fed into the
instance's persistent image so they evaporated when the one in which
i had orignally built ecl was terminated.
until i build another one, i'll need to reinstall them for each reboot.