[asdf-devel] abcl testing issue [ was Re: ECL testing issue

james anderson james.anderson at setf.de
Wed Mar 17 14:58:51 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-17, at 15:05 , Faré wrote:

> http://ec2-174-129-63-37.compute-1.amazonaws.com/test/log/
> 20100316T233422/ecl-output.txt
>
> On 17 March 2010 10:01, james anderson <james.anderson at setf.de> wrote:
>> what might the error in the cited transcript indicate as the cause
>> for the problem with ecl? here is one entry:
>>
>> Testing: asdf-pathname-test.script
>> An error occurred during initialization:
>> LOAD: Could not load file #P"/ebs/test/asdf/tmp/asdf-ecl.fas" (Error:
>> "/ebs/test/asdf/tmp/asdf-ecl.fas: invalid ELF header").
>> Using ecl , asdf-pathname-test.script failed
>>
> I think one ominous thing in the transcript is:
> Reusing previously-compiled ASDF
>
> Try cleaning your tmp/ directory and see if it works any better.

i tried that. i just tried to go through one test in an ecl repl and
observe that it fails to compile everything due to missing .h  files.
so, there's something more-or-less essentially broken in my ecl build.

that leaves the abcl.

i went through a test-script-similar process in an abcl repl.
- to compile is ok.
- to load the result tmp fasl is ok.
- to rename the fast from the tmp file to the target fasl file is ok.
- it fails to load the renamed fasl.