[asdf-devel] 1.636 -> 1.639

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 01:20:46 UTC 2010

>> What are pseudo-namestrings?
> this is your term from earlier mail:
Oh, OK.

> in a separate message, you indicated that a complete absolute
> pathname namestring should also appear in some test.

Yes, although that would probably only work on Unix, so should be made
#+unix or some such.

>> What are homogeneous failures?
>
> configurations which are either all logical pathnames or include no
> logical pathname.[1]
> at one point, i thought that might (inversely) correlate with
> failure, but that appears to not be the case.

At least I'm glad that SBCL, CCL and LispWorks pass all tests. There
is *some* sanity in the world.

>> I have the hardest time debugging the least failure with CLISP.
>
> i have yet to try to understand the causes for anything but the most
> basic errors.
> i would like to hear first, whether the test configurations are
> correct and/or complete.

Correct, they look like they are.
Complete, I'll have to think way more, but I suppose you could add an
untype static file just for kicks.

The penalty for laughing in a courtroom is six months in jail; if it
were not for this penalty, the jury would never hear the evidence.
                — H. L. Mencken