[asdf-devel] 1.636 -> 1.639

james anderson james.anderson at setf.de
Tue Mar 16 00:47:00 UTC 2010

On 2010-03-16, at 01:26 , Faré wrote:

> On 15 March 2010 19:14, james anderson <james.anderson at setf.de> wrote:
>>
>> On 2010-03-16, at 00:46 , Faré wrote:

>>> I have disabled :unspecific for clisp and abcl.
>>>
>>> Can you try again with 1.639?
>>
>> with pseudo namestrings : http://
>> ec2-204-236-204-89.compute-1.amazonaws.com/test/20100315T235855.txt
>>
>> without pseudo namestrings : http://
>> ec2-204-236-204-89.compute-1.amazonaws.com/test/20100316T000221.txt
>>
> What are pseudo-namestrings?

this is your term from earlier mail:

On 2010-03-09, at 01:35 , Faré wrote:

>> if someone would enumerate the cases which are supported. i will try
>> again.
>> as i understand your demurral, relative to the tested enumeration[2],
>> one should eliminate the cases which involve string designators for
>> logical pathnames.
>> should anything else be removed?
>> are that any additional cases for which support should be tested?
>>
> Non-logical pathnames are out.
> Namestrings without #p"..." are out.
> Pathnames made with (make-pathname ...) are in.
> /-separated pseudo-namestrings relative paths are in.
> Tests should include cases where the source-file-type is "lisp", NIL
> or :directory.

in a separate message, you indicated that a complete absolute
pathname namestring should also appear in some test.

> What are homogeneous failures?

configurations which are either all logical pathnames or include no
logical pathname.[1]
at one point, i thought that might (inversely) correlate with
failure, but that appears to not be the case.

> I have the hardest time debugging the least failure with CLISP.

i have yet to try to understand the causes for anything but the most
basic errors.
i would like to hear first, whether the test configurations are
correct and/or complete.

---
  [1] http://github.com/lisp/de.setf.asdf.x/blob/master/test/asdf-
pathname-test.lisp#L242