[asdf-devel] ASDF manual lisp installation directions

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 01:42:00 UTC 2010

> IMO, if the idea is to follow XDG (I don't care strongly either way),
> then let's follow it properly and use the appropriate environment
> variables instead of canonicalizing on the defaults.

OK. Will do.

The next question is what to do on Windows?

On LispWorks, I could use

(merge-pathnames* (sys:get-folder-path :local-appdata) "common-lisp/config/")
instead of ~/.config/common-lisp/
and probably also (merge-pathnames* (sys:get-folder-path
:local-appdata) "common-lisp/)
instead of ~/.local/share/common-lisp
and similarly
(merge-pathnames* (sys:get-folder-path :common-appdata) "common-lisp/config/")
instead of /etc/config/common-lisp/
and
(merge-pathnames* (sys:get-folder-path :common-appdata) "common-lisp/")
instead of /usr/share/common-lisp/

How do I do the same on all Windows Lisp implementations?
GAH!

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no
account be allowed to do the job.
		— Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"