[asdf-devel] ASDF manual lisp installation directions

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Sat Mar 13 12:21:05 UTC 2010

On 12 March 2010 07:24, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, apart from ~/.local/share/ being a "standard" XDG-recommended
> place to store such things, consider that

Erm, my reading suggests otherwise.

  http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/latest/ar01s03.html

"$XDG_DATA_HOME defines the base directory relative to which user
specific data files should be stored. If $XDG_DATA_HOME is either not
set or empty, a default equal to $HOME/.local/share should be used."

IMO, if the idea is to follow XDG (I don't care strongly either way),
then let's follow it properly and use the appropriate environment
variables instead of canonicalizing on the defaults.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus