[asdf-devel] notes on the manual discussion of asdf-output-locations

Faré fare at tunes.org
Fri Mar 12 16:55:52 UTC 2010

On 12 March 2010 10:47, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> 1. The manual in several places uses version 1.6 as synonymous with
> 1.600.  But if we are to eat our own dogfood and comply with our own
> version-satisfies function,
>
> 1.6 ~= (1 6) while
> 1.600 ~= (1 600)
>
> and 600 > 6
>
> I have fixed the references I found.

Thanks. I fixed more of them, and made other updates.

> 2.  In a couple of places the manual suggests making files with names of
> the form nn-filename.  We should explain what is the purpose of these
> integers.

It's for sorting, so you control the order in which configuration is read.

> 3.  I don't want to repeatedly have to translate stuff out of read me
> files.  I have put all of the information from the
> README.asdf-output-locations file into the manual, and killed the README
> so that it doesn't become an attractive nuisance.

OK.

Remains the other README.source-registry to merge likewise.

Sigh.

Getting there.

The problem with most conspiracy theories is that they seem to believe that
for a group of people to behave in a way detrimental to the common good
requires intent.

The problem with most statist theories is that they seem to believe that
for a group of people to behave in a way beneficial to the common good
requires intent.